Digital Array Microphones
The VisiSonics Digital Array Microphone (VDAM) system’s patented digital microphone array technology offers the ultimate in flexibility. Microphone arrays have long been considered a promising technology for diverse applications in audio engineering, but, despite this promise, microphone arrays have, in practice, been extremely hard to use.
VDAM addresses these issues with simplified cabling, the elimination of cumbersome and expensive racks of A/D equipment, and the provision of standards-based interfacing.
- Easily chain several microphones together in series, significantly reducing wire clutter
- Eliminate costly add-ons – the A to D conversion is done right at the microphone capsule (no need for preamplifiers, analog to digital equipment or processing computers)
- Connect directly to your computer over USB, allowing data to be streamed into Matlab
- Digitally set gain and sampling rate (up to 48 kHz)
- Enjoy superior performance with high quality 24-bit digitization in an integrated module
- Custom array designs and builds using VDAM’s flexible architecture available. See example custom designs in Resources below
VDAM for Academics
VisiSonics Digital Array Microphones (VDAM) are accurate, convenient to assemble, and easy to incorporate into a variety of workflows. Using our acquisition software, the microphone data is available directly inside your code or Matlab for real-time processing. It is no wonder that faculty and students from universities in the US and Europe; drawn from acoustics, electrical engineering, architecture, computer science, psychology and physics have all used our arrays in their academic work. Several students have won awards for the unique arrays that they have designed, and a number of paper have been published on the work.